Single sided scanner for large widths
Scanning frame for single-sided measurement for up to 2 sensors up to 6 m width (here with reflector assembly)
Single sided measurement of wide webs
The UniScan traversing scanners are the single-sided counterpart to the double-sided O-frames of the WebPro series. They are specially designed to accommodate the single-sided sensors of the Mahlo QMS family. This single-sided arrangement enables the frame to be easily retrofitted to existing systems, with the measuring sensors arranged above, below or at the side of the measuring frame.
The Uniscan M accommodates up to two sensors.
- Up to 2 sensors and 6 m product width
- Easy to install and connect
- A minimum of upkeep and maintenance costs, along with high availability and long service life
- The ultra-precise carriageguide mechanism guarantees really accurate measurements from the various sensors
- Intelligent scanning frame with integrated real-time computer
- Extremely rugged, mechanical construction assures troublefree operation and long service life
- Maintenance-friendly design
- Single-sided measurement of webs up to 6 m wide
- Film calendering
- Nonwoven applications
- Drying of pulp
- Extrusion Coating
- Coating or impregnation of paper, cardboard, foils or textiles
A frequency-controlled AC gearmotor drives via a shaft one or two vertically arranged drive belts (one each top and bottom). These are fixed to the scanners‘ platform-type carriages, which in turn are attached laterally or diagonally to the supports and which can be traversed on accurately pre-adjusted precision profile rails and bearings.
As the scanner traverses the moving web, it provides a cross-machine direction profile of basis weight, thickness or moisture on the display console that is a crosssection of the manufactured product. The scanning width can be predetermined in recipe, or the the product edges can be automatically tracked by the standard edge detectors to eliminate any effects of web wander.
Since the measurement-related data supplied by the sensors is processed immediately by a realtime computer in the traversing frame, it can be transferred to the central control computer via an easy-to-run network cable.
|Nominal product width||1000 - 6000||mm|
|Number of sensors, maximum||2||pieces|