C-measuring frame for horizontally running webs
C-shaped scanner for 1 sensor and up to 2 m width for horizontal webs. Variants for vertical and horizontal usage available.
The traversing frames of the type WebPro C are used for applications where much dirt is generated or the measuring head must be moved completely out of the product web. The type Webpro C is available for horizontal or vertical product guidance and distinguishes itself by the robust, reliable and dirt-resistant design.
The Webpro CH accommodates 1 sensor for webs up to 2 meters wide.
- 1 sensor and up to 2 m product width
- Sensor can be moved out of the web
- Easy to install and connect
- A minimum of upkeep and maintenance costs, along with high availability and long service life
- The ultra-precise carriageguide mechanism guarantees really accurate measurements from the various sensors
- Intelligent scanning frame with integrated real-time computer
- Extremely rugged, mechanical construction assures troublefree operation and long service life
- Maintenance-friendly design
The scanner can move the sensor completely out of the web, the measuring area or the production line. This is necessary, for example, for cleaning purposes or when the web is fed into the production line with insertion tools.
Established applications are
- Building materials industry
- Production of roofing material
- Paper production
A frequency-controlled AC gearmotor drives via a shaft one or two vertically arranged drive belts (one each top and bottom). These are fixed to the scanners‘ platform-type carriages, which in turn are attached laterally or diagonally to the supports and which can be traversed on accurately pre-adjusted precision profile rails and bearings.
As the scanner traverses the moving web, it provides a cross-machine direction profile of basis weight, thickness or moisture on the display console that is a crosssection of the manufactured product. The scanning width can be predetermined in recipe, or the the product edges can be automatically tracked by the standard edge detectors to eliminate any effects of web wander.
Since the measurement-related data supplied by the sensors is processed immediately by a realtime computer in the traversing frame, it can be transferred to the central control computer via an easy-to-run network cable.
|Nominal product width||400 - 2000||mm|
|Measuring gap, maximum 1||80||mm|
|Number of sensors, maximum 2||1||pieces|
1) sensor dependent
2) more possible on request