Double-sided measuring frame for large widths and thick webs
Double-sided scanning frame for up to 5 sensors and up to 6.6 m product width. With extra large measuring gap up to 700 mm for thick products such as insulating materials.
Large O-frame with large measuring gap
The WebPro L traversing frames represent the pinnacle of the Mahlo scanning frame family. They are available in traverse widths of up to 6,6 meters, and can run up to five Mahlo sensors continuously, precisely and rapidly across the online product.
With this variant, a large measuring gap of up to 700 mm is possible for thick products such as insulating materials.
- Up to 5 sensors and 6, 6 m fabric width
- Measuring gap up to 700 mm
- Easy to install and connect
- A minimum of upkeep and maintenance costs, along with high availability and long service life
- The ultra-precise carriageguide mechanism guarantees really accurate measurements from the various sensors
- Intelligent scanning frame with integrated real-time computer
- Extremely rugged, mechanical construction assures troublefree operation and long service life
- Maintenance-friendly design
- Processing of webs up to 6.6 metres wide
Production and processing of webs with large material thicknesses of up to 700 mm
A frequency-controlled AC gearmotor drives via a shaft one or two vertically arranged drive belts (one each top and bottom). These are fixed to the scanners‘ platform-type carriages, which in turn are attached laterally or diagonally to the supports and which can be traversed on accurately pre-adjusted precision profile rails and bearings.
As the scanner traverses the moving web, it provides a cross-machine direction profile of basis weight, thickness or moisture on the display console that is a crosssection of the manufactured product. The scanning width can be predetermined in recipe, or the the product edges can be automatically tracked by the standard edge detectors to eliminate any effects of web wander.
Since the measurement-related data supplied by the sensors is processed immediately by a realtime computer in the traversing frame, it can be transferred to the central control computer via an easy-to-run network cable.
|Nominal product width||600 - 6600||mm|
|Measuring gap, maximum 1||700||mm|
|Number of sensors, maximum||5||pieces|
1) sensor dependent