Double-sided measuring frame for confined installation spaces
O-frame with minimal space requirements for 2 sensors and up to 4 m
Extremely compact O-frame
The WebPro S traversing frames have been designed specifically to provide an exceedingly compact but rugged and reliable traversing platform for situations where space limitations would rule out the use of a conventional O-frame. It provides compact design for vertical web paths.
- Up to 2 sensors and 4 m product width
- Easy to install and connect
- A minimum of upkeep and maintenance costs, along with high availability and long service life
- The ultra-precise carriageguide mechanism guarantees really accurate measurements from the various sensors
- Intelligent scanning frame with integrated real-time computer
- Extremely rugged, mechanical construction assures troublefree operation and long service life
- Maintenance-friendly design
The main applications are for high-speed coating machines whose compact construction leaves very little space for installation of traditional scanning frames.
This includes for example:
- production of adhesive tapes
- production of label rolls
- production of self-adhesive film
- production of lightproof coated textile and nonwoven substrates
The WebPro S scanning frame is also to be found in the film industry.
A frequency-controlled AC gearmotor drives via a shaft one or two vertically arranged drive belts (one each top and bottom). These are fixed to the scanners‘ platform-type carriages, which in turn are attached laterally or diagonally to the supports and which can be traversed on accurately pre-adjusted precision profile rails and bearings.
As the scanner traverses the moving web, it provides a cross-machine direction profile of basis weight, thickness or moisture on the display console that is a crosssection of the manufactured product. The scanning width can be predetermined in recipe, or the the product edges can be automatically tracked by the standard edge detectors to eliminate any effects of web wander.
Since the measurement-related data supplied by the sensors is processed immediately by a realtime computer in the traversing frame, it can be transferred to the central control computer via an easy-to-run network cable.
|Nominal product width||200 - 4000||mm|
|Measuring gap, maximum 1||80||mm|
|Number of sensors, maximum||2||pieces|
1) sensor dependent