Pattern detection, skew correction, pattern repeat control
Pattern detection, skew correction and pattern repeat control with one system
Pattern and distortion control
The leading pattern detection system using camera technology. The repetitions of printed, woven or tufted patterns are evaluated according to certain algorithms and are used for measuring, correcting and evaluating distortions and patterns.
The system uses one or two cameras, depending on the width of the product, to detect the position of the pattern and automatically and continuously determine the pattern repeat, as well as the product width, and together with a straightening machine align the product distortion based on the recognized pattern.
- Modular assembly
- Measures repeat and straightens patterns simultaneously
- The very latest high-tech line cameras
- Uninterrupted monitoring and logging of actual product quality
- Savings in raw materials and energy at the manufacturing stage
- Increased productivity
Depending on the application area of the Patcontrol PCS, Mahlo configures the system individually. The system uses one or two cameras – depending on the width of the product to be processed – to automatically detect the position of the pattern and continuously determine the pattern repeat, measures the product width, and – together with a weft straightener – aligns the product distortion based on the print pattern.
- Straightening curtain and lace fabrics, monitoring pattern repeat
and controlling an overfeed roller
- Straightening woven and tufted carpeting ahead of a coating process
- Straightening terry fabric (e.g. hand towelling)
- Fine-tune straightening of printed cloth
- Measuring and sorting pattern repeat
- Continuous measurement of width
- Data-logging pattern repeat and distortions on carpeting
- Straightening residual bow and skew in carpeting at the stenter outlet
- Special analysis and measurement of industrial fabrics
- Patcontrol PCS/PDS: (Pattern Distortion System) detects and controls bowed and skewed designs
- Patcontrol PCS/PRS: (Pattern Repeat System) monitors and controls design repeat using various standardized patterns.
Both systems work with different pattern typing. To generate the best possible analysable image of the pattern or the product structure on the screen, a special lighting unit, working with transmitted or reflected light, supports the line scan camera. The system works with different analysis algorithms, depending whether the patterns shall be calculated perpendicular to the running direction or in length or cross repeat.
They also depend on the pattern itself (e.g. Pattern, lines, etc.). The Patcontrol PCS adapts to sudden changes of the product width. Intervention of the operating personnel is largely not required.