Classic optical weft straightener
Classic universal weft straightener - optionally with integrated process control system Optipac VMC-15
Weft straightening the way it should be ...
The Orthopac RVMC is the universally employable straightening system from Mahlo for the correction of fabric distortions for nearly all applications. Available with hydraulic or electrical straightening roller adjustment.
The modular construction of the weft straightener allows the system to be configured to meet the demands of changing conditions and requirements.
- Modular system architecture
- Easy to retrofit
- Informative process visualization
- Online monitoring and regulation of all relevant parameters
- Increased productivity
- High production reliability
- Optimised process repeatability
- Documentation of quality
- Providing a comparative basis for the quality standard
- Considerable energy savings
- Short amortisation times
Sensors for the detection of distortion in textiles
The precise and correct determination of distortion on running textile webs is the basis for successful weft straightening. Mahlo offers a wide range of sensors for this task. Thus, all conceivable applications and requirements can be covered.
Imaging & optoelectronic Scanning
Imaging scanning (carpet & technical textiles)
Modular process control system for the textile industry
Textile manufacturers and textile outfitters are fighting with increasing production and energy costs, declining profit margins, shorter production times as well as greater requirements on quality and flexibility. Cost-efficient and quality-focused textile outfitting thus becomes increasingly important. Sustained production and the trend to higher-quality, technically sophisticated fabrics also play a major role.
Regardless of the challenges of the textile industry – Mahlo has the right solutions ready. The broad range of applications for textile production by Mahlo is based on experience reaching back to the year 1945.
Orthopac is a modular straightening and process control system available throughout the entire process of textile outfitting. It combines the functionality of a weft straightener with that of a process control system in one compact device. It automatically ensures a straight-thread product before and after the drying or fixing process and optimises the processes all around the stenter.
This increases quality and saves resources and energy. The modular design of the system allows its flexible adaptation to all applications. Both, standard requirements and highly customized demands are thus met.
- At the feed end of a stenter
- At the feed end of a levelling stenter
- On decatisers
- Ahead of a printing machine
- Between an open width washing machine and drum dryer
- On coating ranges ahead of the coater at the feed end of a
- At the feed end of wide compactors for knitgoods
The touchscreen of the system displays the measurements. Individually modifiable displays of the measured values facilitate easy monitoring of the complete process by the user. Various software packages (FULL or BASE) allow adjusting visualization and operating concept to different demands on detectability and user convenience.
- The FMC full version offers all setting capabilities and options to the entire depth. The full potential of the straightening system can thus be utilized.
- The FMC Base version focuses on the essential functions of the system and offers a compact and simple overview for thecontrol of the processes.
The weft straightener Orthopac with integrated web distortion detection forms the basis of the modular design. Additional intelligent sensors can be connected to the control system via a bus connection. The following process parameters can be measured, visualized, controlled and documented by means of special software packages (mLog):
- Weft thread or course skew / skew and bow rollers of the weft straightener Orthopac
- High moisture / squeezing pressure
- Thread or course density / over-feed
- Exhaust air humidity / fan speed / flap opening
- Surface temperature / product web speed and dwell time
- Basis weight / over-feed
- Residual moisture / product web speed
- Stretch and Shrinkage / over-feed
- Product width
Orthopac RMM Straightener: Manual straightening machine without optical scanning system and control
|Weft straightener||Orthopac RVMC|
|Mechanical straighter||3 skew rollers, 2 bow rollers (optional 3)|
|Nominal product width, maximal||3400 mm|
|Power connection||3 x 400 VAC ±10 %, 50/60 Hz, transformer station available for special voltages|
|Power consumption, maximal||4 kVA|